Wednesday 8 May 2013

Chloe Moretz’s ‘Sesame Street’-Inspired Look: Love It or Hate It?

Chloe Moretz’s ‘Sesame Street’-Inspired Look: Love It or Hate It?

Chloe Moretz (FameFlynet)Chloe Moretz (FameFlynet)
Chloe Moretz is already on her way to becoming a style icon.
But a recent look might be a little too juvenile -- even for the 16-year-old "Kick-Ass" actress.
Moretz was snapped wearing a billowing, feathery neon green coat and rose-colored wedge heels with bushy detailing while shooting a fashion spread in L.A. on Sunday.
The teen is the latest celeb that's been spotted dressing like her stylist lives on a place called "Sesame Street."
Yep, as promised, garments reminiscent of Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and Oscar the Grouch (Chloe's look is closest to this) are becoming a thing. Sarah Jessica Parker and Emma Stone are a couple of the others stars who have sported the trend.
Although Moretz doesn't shy away from such edgy styles, she tells the May edition of Nylon magazine that in general she's very down to earth.
"I'm, like, incredibly straight-laced, considering what some 16-year-olds are doing. It's probably because I've gone to nice events with big people there since I was a young girl," Moretz says. "Kids my age at school are fighting to get into clubs and be around an open bar, whereas I've had the opportunity to drink or do drugs if I wanted to, and I haven't. I look around me and go, 'God's put me here for a reason. Why would I want to go take a drug or do something that can strip away everything I've worked for?'"
"This business is not peaches and cream, and I've fought tooth and nail to earn this spot," she continues. "I'm not a girl who's ridden on a last name or lucked into it from getting on one project that blows up. I've worked for 11 years, and I have to keep working, too, because if I sat back on my haunches right now, I could disappear within a month."
Moretz will once again wear a superhero costume and blindfold topped with a purple wig when she returns to the screen in "Kick-Ass 2" on August 16.

No comments: