Friday 3 May 2013

Khloé Kardashian: It’s ‘Hurtful’ Being Compared to Kim and Kourtney

Khloé Kardashian: It’s ‘Hurtful’ Being Compared to Kim and Kourtney

Khloe Kardashian in March (Getty Images)Khloé Kardashian Odom proves once again why she is often called the "favorite Kardashian sister," candidly discussing her body image in a new interview.
"I've always known that I'm not Kim and I'm not Kourtney -- I've always been OK with that," the 28-year-old said in the June issue of Cosmopolitan U.K. "I probably thought I was prettier before I entered the spotlight because being compared to somebody else every day does sort of beat up your spirit and soul. But it’s made me stronger.”

The "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star, who recently dropped over 20 pounds through a new workout regimen, doesn't pretend that the unkind words about her body don't hurt.
“I want to say I don't care, but of course [the comments] are going to sting,” she said. However, “I have to do whatever is good for me ... I feel that I’m healthier [now], but I don’t think I’m prettier thinner.”
The reality TV star went on to say that she understands "why so many people in this industry have eating disorders or want plastic surgery" -- though she's proud that she is dropping pounds "the healthy way" and hasn't "felt bullied into having my face operated on."
Not that she won't consider plastic surgery in the future. “I’m not against it. When I’m older, you never know,” she noted.
Kardashian is equally open about her inability to conceive with her basketball star husband Lamar Odom, especially as she has watched her sisters get pregnant.
“I just wanted to be, ‘Hey, let’s have a baby,’ and we would just have one. Kourtney did. And I wish that was the way for me. But it won’t be,” she said. “I’ll have to take hormones. I do want to have a baby, but I don’t feel the urgency to have one this very moment.”

Khloe with her sisters Kourtney and Kim in 2012 (Getty Images)
When she does have kids of her own (Odom has two children from his previous marriage), she promises not to follow in her mom Kris Jenner's footsteps and become their momager.
"I'd never manage my kids," Khloé said. "We gang up on [my] mom, and that has to be so hard. Now I'm getting older I feel sorry for her rather than resent her. [Once my mom told me] I was gaining weight, but she was talking to me as a manager, like I was ruining a brand deal. It's hard to understand that and it's more hurtful when it's coming from my mom, but Kim is definitely her favorite. It doesn't bother me. They're so similar -- they could be the same person."

Speaking of Kim, who is expecting a child with Kanye West in July, Khloé also worked in a zinger about her now-ex-husband Kris Humphries.
"I think Kanye knows how to deal with Kim really well. Because we've known him for so long, he'll come to us if he wants advice on a birthday present or something. I like that," Khloé said. "Kris wouldn't even talk to us. I love that with Kanye we have that friendship. Because when you're with one of us you're with all of us."
Though Khloé definitely stands out from the crowd.

No comments: